Garlic has been cultivated for thousands of years for its culinary attributes
A delicious and healthy Italian classic.
- 6 tbsp International Collection Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 oz streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean minced beef
- ¼ pt red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 x 396 g/14 oz can tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the Garlic Flavored Olive Oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and carrot until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix in the beef and brown, stirring all the time.
- Pour in the wine and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the tomato puree, tomatoes and seasoning.
- Cover and simmer, on the hob for 30-40 minutes, adding a little water if the sauce thickens too quickly.
- Serve with freshly cooked spaghetti.